The Kaska Dena Council was formed as a Society in 1981 to advance interests of Kaska individuals who are potential beneficiaries of a treaty settlement with Canada and British Columbia. The Kaska Dena Council has 9 directors which includes three elected executive officers.
The objectives of the Kaska Dena Council include:
- Promote and protect respect for the land and cultural heritage of the Kaska Dena people
- Promote unity and sharing amongst all Kaska
- Assist in the delivery of services including social, economic, cultural and educational programs to Kaska Dena communities
- Promote a community environment wherein all Kaska people can enjoy physical and spiritual health and live with dignity and pride
- Work toward the recognition and protection of the aboriginal rights of all Canadian Native people
- Do all things necessary to achieve the foregoing objectives