Press releases are presented as Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You will need a copy of the free Acrobat Reader which can be obtained from the link below.
Click Here to download the Acrobat Reader.
VICTORIA, BC – April 10, 2013 – A new agreement will create economic opportunities for the Kaska Dena First Nations in northern B.C. in advance of a treaty.
Under the Incremental Treaty Agreement (ITA), the Province will transfer 10 Crown land parcels, comprising 607 hectares, to the Kaska Dena First Nations.
The land parcels support Kaska Dena interests in a number of possible economic development opportunities. …
WHITEHORSE, YT – January 7, 2013 – For years the Kaska Nation has been looking to negotiate modern day solutions with Government to the realities of common law regarding aboriginal rights and title in Canada. The issue of “free entry” has been one that the Kaska have been asking YTG to negotiate with them on. YTG continue to refuse to negotiate, instead choosing a path of confrontation with First Nations on issues such as the Peel and changes to the Yukon Oil and Gas Act. …
GOOD HOPE LAKE, BC – August 22, 2012 – Certainty for natural-resource development and environmental stewardship in northern B.C. was confirmed today, with the formal signing of a Strategic Land Use Planning Agreement between the government of British Columbia and First Nations represented by the Kaska Dena Council.
Minister Steve Thomson joined Kaska Dena Council Chair George Miller and other First Nations representatives in a ceremony to mark the occasion during…
- Lower Post Devastated by Flooding
- Strategic Engagement Agreement (SEA) Boosts Economic Certainty in the Northwest
- Kaska Communities Sign Historic Kaska Collaboration Agreement (KCA)
- BC Northern Nations Appeal to Premier Christie Clark to Support and Broaden Reconciliation Initiatives
- Kaska Nation Urges Senate to Reconsider Bill C-39
- Statement by the Kaska Nation Regarding Today's Supreme Court of Canada Decision
- Forest Management Accord Concluded for Southeast Yukon
- Kaska Legends Perform at Vancouver International Aboriginal Festival
- Kaska Nation Speaks Out Against Logging in Traditional Territory
- Kaska Nation Encouraged by New Yukon Government
- Kaska Nation Cautions Prospectors that Consultation and Accommodation are Required
- True North Gems and Ross River Dena First Nation Sign Landmark Agreement
- Kaska Art Exhibit Announced for Whitehorse
- Kaska and Yukon Government Sign Bilateral Agreement
- Kaska Dena Art Exhibit Opens Thursday in Whitehorse